MOXIEBOX ART STRATEGIES FOR EXPANDED LEARNING /
AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAMS
MOXIEBOX ART STRATEGIES FOR EXPANDED LEARNING | AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAMS
Emphasis on Equity
• Curriculum is diverse and inclusive.
• Implicit biases are removed.
• Lessons are diverse in culture and race.
• Art provides a vehicle for social change.
• Art benefits all students.
• Exposure to arts can help close the gap between socioeconomic groups.
• Each project allows for personal choice.
• Students have the opportunity to express themselves.
• Creative centers of the minds are activated.
• Detailed instructions assure final product is successful.
• Provides tools to express values.
Special Thanks to Cathedral City Elementary for sharing their MoxieBox Experience! Kinder, Special Ed, and 4th grade.
• Long-term academic, occupational, and social outcomes.
• Increased verbal, math, and reading skills.
• Positive outcome on behavior and attendance.
• Increases well-being and provides a sense of fulfillment.
• Promotes self-expression.
• Promotes self-exploration.
• Helps students to process their emotions.
• Promotes communication.
• Reduces shyness and anxiety.
• Sharing skills and empathy are increased.
• Positive relationships are deepened through art activities.
• Enables peer mentoring through leveled lessons on a common topic.
• Arts are an essential part of cognitive development.
• New neural pathways are generated through visual exploration.
• Mental planning and scaffolding develops critical thinking skills.
• Art is a way to communicate emotions and thoughts.
• Sharing creative activities promotes social awareness.