MoxieBox Art Strategies For Expanded Learning /
After School Programs
Coordinator, Visual & Performing Arts, District Arts Office
Director of EDC and School Support, Rosedale Union School District
Palm Springs Unified School District, Director Expanded Learning
Coordinator of Expanded Learning-Sunrise/CAPS, San Bernardino City Unified School District
Principal, Cathedral City Elementary School
MOXIEBOX ART STRATEGIES FOR EXPANDED LEARNING | AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAMS
Emphasis on Equity
• Curriculum is diverse and inclusive.
• Implicit biases are removed.
• Lessons are diverse in culture and race.
• Art provides a vehicle for social change.
• Art benefits all students.
• Exposure to arts can help close the gap between socioeconomic groups.
Special Thanks to Cathedral City Elementary for sharing their MoxieBox Experience! Kinder, Special Ed, and 4th grade.
• Promotes self-expression.
• Promotes self-exploration.
• Helps students to process their emotions.
• Promotes communication.
• Reduces shyness and anxiety.
• Sharing skills and empathy are increased.
• Positive relationships are deepened through art activities.
• Enables peer mentoring through leveled lessons on a common topic.
• Arts are an essential part of cognitive development.
• New neural pathways are generated through visual exploration.
• Mental planning and scaffolding develops critical thinking skills.
• Art is a way to communicate emotions and thoughts.
• Sharing creative activities promotes social awareness.
We also offer tips, videos and presentations to help supplement the learning experience with both teachers and students. Download/click the links below and check out for yourself!