Districts love data so here it is!
San Bernardino, CA ELOP 2023 Survey
This barchart shows the 2023 survey results from Expanded Learning in the San Bernardino City Unified School District. The district received almost 2000 responses asking the students for the top 3 favorite activities they receive in Expanded Learning.
MoxieBox Art also understands how important Core Standards are in program curriculum.
It was a BLAST meeting so many WONDERFUL young artists and their families at a recent Art Showcase! Thank you ALL for coming and sharing in the celebration of art! Also thank you to Amber and friend with @psusdnews Palm Springs Unified School District and @cathedral_city_library for making this wonderful event happen!
2023-24 Product Catalog
Coordinator of Expanded Learning-Sunrise/CAPS, San Bernardino City Unified School District
Palm Springs Unified School District, Director Expanded Learning
Director of EDC and School Support, Rosedale Union School District
Coordinator, ELO-P Santa Ana USD
Consortium Lead, Stanislaus County Office of Ed
MOXIEBOX ART STRATEGIES FOR EXPANDED LEARNING | AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAMS
Emphasis on Equity
• Curriculum is diverse and inclusive.
• Implicit biases are removed.
• Lessons are diverse in culture and race.
• Art provides a vehicle for social change.
• Art benefits all students.
• Exposure to arts can help close the gap between socioeconomic groups.
• Each project allows for personal choice.
• Students have the opportunity to express themselves.
• Creative centers of the minds are activated.
• Detailed instructions assure final product is successful.
• Provides tools to express values.
Special Thanks to Palm Springs Unified School District for co-hosting this exciting event featuring MoxieBox Lessons and some amazing students and their families!
• Long-term academic, occupational, and social outcomes.
• Increased verbal, math, and reading skills.
• Positive outcome on behavior and attendance.
• Increases well-being and provides a sense of fulfillment.
• Promotes self-expression.
• Promotes self-exploration.
• Helps students to process their emotions.
• Promotes communication.
• Reduces shyness and anxiety.
• Sharing skills and empathy are increased.
• Positive relationships are deepened through art activities.
• Enables peer mentoring through leveled lessons on a common topic.
• Arts are an essential part of cognitive development.
• New neural pathways are generated through visual exploration.
• Mental planning and scaffolding develops critical thinking skills.
• Art is a way to communicate emotions and thoughts.
• Sharing creative activities promotes social awareness.
We also offer tips, videos and presentations to help supplement the learning experience with both teachers and students. Download/click the links below and check out for yourself!